For those that are avoiding grains to keep down inflammation, this cauliflower recipe is a delicious substitute for rice. It has such a similar flavour profile and texture that you won’t really miss the carbs!
- ½ large head of cauliflower – pulverized in food processor to rice size pieces
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon grape seed oil
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 frozen ginger cubes or 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- ½ cup frozen peas, defrosted in microwave and drained of water
- 1 – 2 eggs, beaten
Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium high to start. Heat 1 tablespoon grape seed oil in pan and add onion. Reduce heat to medium and cook stirring often until onion is soft. Add ginger and stir for 30 seconds, then add in cauliflower and the sesame oil. Let cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, then clear centre of pan and add 1 teaspoon of oil. Add in garlic cloves and cook for a minute stirring constantly until fragrant, then stir into rest of mixture. Cook a few minutes, add salt and pepper, then coconut aminos.
Clear centre of pan again, then pour in egg. Let set up a minute then break apart/scramble and stir into rest of mixture. Stir in peas and cook for two minutes to heat through then serve.